Sunday, July 08, 2007

Life at ITC Centre

Its been 3 days in head office NBDC but I am still a newbie or jas a new fish in the pond and people still think I m an intern.

Here are few things about my office life:

Half an hour

An in some dimension that exists in this office half an hour is a never ending quanta of time.
You ask person for something and u r told…jas give me half an hour. Yes, that is the reply u get every half hour.


Wait!

Mr. Balakrishnan notices me waiting at reception.
Big B: (with curiosity) arre, what are u doing here.
Fish: Sir, waiting for my lunch.
Big B: Waiting for Lunch! That’s a shame.
Fish: yes sir. It is. (Still don’t know is it shameful for me or ITC; but since now I am a part of ITC it doesn’t really matter)

The conversation was over and I was back to my job: WAITING.
Then like a flash the whole morning came into my mind.
I reach office at 8.45 AM. I want to enter the office but I have no access card. So what I Do : WAITING.
Somehow, I enter the office. Reach out for one of my senior to get some input on my project. The answer was come at 10.30 am. So, I move to another senior. “I will see u after lunch”. So I want to go back to my seat in 5th floor office. But jas a sec I will have to do one more thing first. U guessed it right. WAIT! (no access card also means no exit).

And somehow I think which is a bigger shame (plz don’t worry whose shame it is): is is the waiting for petty things or see ppl move around u staring at u and saying by looks: Don’t u have any work?? I reply by looks only: can’t u see…. I am busy WAITING.

I come back into reality.


PROJECT

In ITC terms, technically what I m doing can’t be termed as project too. (Think financially)
But, anyways I m doing something what I m supposed to do.
I have a program to follow to meet people and get useful data from them.
Fairly simple job, huh?
Lets take a look.
Fish: Good morning Sir, I am
S1: ohh. I am really busy in this work. And I hav a meeting thereafter. Meet me in half an hour(please refer note1).

Fish (few half an hours later): Sir, May I?
S1: Oh ok. Hmmm.. So what do u want?
Fish: sir, I am vagaira vagaira. I need falana falana data from you.
S1: before getting into the data you must kno <>. You meet S2, understand all this that and then come to me. I will give u data. THAT IS NOT AN ISSUE. (in golden letters : btw this phrase is no longer copyrighted to HR managers).
Fish: thank you Sir.

Fish moves to s2 and after several half an hours)
Fish: GM sir.
S2: oh come come just let me finish this thing and I will sit with u.
WAITING time
S2: ya….so, what do u want?
.
.
,
,
and so on.


coming posts:
  • BOSS
  • HR

7 Comments:

Blogger shalini said...

very nicely written
nice
hv bcome ur writings fan

8:58 PM  
Blogger vinal said...

thanx..

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mahek said...

dude i can see how much u enjoying ;)
thts kool.... keep going
and
guddie luck :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude....great writing...and I know NBDC very well


just want to request you, dont make somebody wait for half an hour when your term will come....


all the best!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular make. The prices seeking the boots are about 300 bucks on every page. But for all I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for that particular make. The prices for the sneakers are about 330 dollars on every site. But finally I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you say about it?

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
Apple Coupons